Monday, October 20, 2008

over the weekend

I had the pleasure of seeing my children and spending some time with them.
Lately, I will admit that I have not been as good a dad as I could be.
I made it a point to really spend time with my kids having fun.
I've redoubled my efforts and focus on actual parenting.
(i know! what a concept!!!!!)

Sam(11) and I had fun playing battleship together.
Jonah(5) assisted his big brother in the efforts to blow me out of the water!!!!

Michael made paper airplanes and I helped the other kids to make some.
They made up all kinds of games for plane flying competitions. It was fun to participate and just see these kids flying around the room(as well as flying their paper airplanes around)

We went to the library
(Yeah, I know....not my thing...)
My kids were ecstatic to get a few books and have dad read to them.

I put a particular book on hold(they were all checked out at the time) that I'd like to read to my children. My mom read the book to me when I was a wee lad. Now I'd like to do so for my kids. Comment and I'll tell you what book it was.
(do I sound desperate for comments? Hmm.... Maybe I am)
:)
We listened to some family favorite rock and roll(queen) "We will rock you" and "Another one bites the dust". That's all it took for my daughter Libby who was very intent on dancing with me....So we had a daddy/daughter dance.

All in all, it was fun fun fun.
I lost focus as a parent for a while.
I'm not perfect.....but my kids are perfectly wonderful!
I love my kids.

Remember to hug yours
Tell them how much you love them.....and that you think they're pretty special!
(they are!!!!)

PEACE!

1 comment:

Jennifer P. said...

I bet I have the book.....let me know what it is :)

So glad you had a good time. It makes my heart happy to hear about dads loving their kiddies up--especially when I really know the dad.